It's getting cold here in Seattle; middle 50's during the day and supposed to be in the low 30's at night this week. Fall is just about drifted into the sunset and winter is taking hold of mother nature now. It is raining 2-4 times a week, sometime 4-5 days straight! There's leaves all over the ground and I have seen "jack frost" a few times so far. We're not in Vegas anymore!
With Vanessa and Fia in Vegas, I am basically staying in the living room and kitchen, with short trips to the bathroom! I have turned the heat down to 55 degrees and have been heating the small living area through the woodstove. I have to admit it's kinda of neat at times and is hopefully saving me some money. I'm picking up some more wood tomorrow (1/6th cord) which should hopefully be enough to heat the house up while I'm still in Seattle. On my day off I have heated almost the whole house up to 70 degrees just through the small woodstove in the living room. The bathroom is freezing when I get up in the morning so I may need to look at a small space heater to keep me from getting sick!
Still no leads for me in the job department and I have resigned to the fact that I'll be here until at least the middle January, if not February when the lease ends. November has gone fairly quickly for me, so hopefully the last few months will go the same way. I am hoping that after the holiday season is over, the job hunting opens up for me. I can't blame someone for not wanting to bring in somebody new right now as this is usually one of the busiest times in the restaurant buisness. We have decided to wait until after New Years Eve before we hire another Sous Chef and I suspect many other places are thinking the same way.
I miss my family dearly and listening to Fia over the phone grabs at my heart each and every time. It's tough not to see her on a daily basis and be able to read books or run around the house with her. Vane and Fia will be here on Friday thru Sunday to celebrate T' Day with me, so that is soothing to say the least.
Hope all is well with everyone and make sure to drop us a line when you get a chance!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you will be with your family this weekend! I will keep praying that a job comes along. Love you all, Mom :)
Hello shortsleeves, glad to hear your all doing good. Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving, and ate lots of turkey.. just wanted to say Hello and wish you lots of wonderful luck, and vane be patient, you will find a job soon.. "have patience" rmbr i did..=) lov you all lots, give my sofia lots of xoxo...
take care!!
=)
patty
Post a Comment