Mondays are normally one of my more favorable days of the week. I get out of work in just enough time to make it home for the start of Monday Night Football. Fia is excited to see me get home as I am even more excited to see her after another day of the Hell Needle. Vane is usually excited to see me (just kidding babe!) and I'm usually in charge of cooking dinner. Most people hate Mondays, but I actaully enjoy them (especially during football season!).
But today is not another Monday. I got home a little earlier then normal, right about the time darkness set in. I hear LB barking just like always and I hurry to get out of the truck and rush upstairs. I'm expecting Fia there with her smile and happiness. I'm expecting Vane right behind her with a smile and a warm hug. I'm expecting some steaks thawing out to be placed on the fire. I open the door in sheer excitment, but a rush of cold air hits my face like a bone chilling February day. Its quiet, cold, dark and lonely in the place I call home for the time being. And it sets in that my family is 1200 miles away...
This is the right thing for us in struggling times. Its a step in the right direction of getting back to Vegas and back to family, friends and our home (and pool!). But its not easy to watch your 2 year daughter walk through the security line at the airport not knowing when you'll see her again. Its not easy to give your wife a kiss knowing that it could be weeks or months before you see her again. Its not easy to watch your family fade away into the distance not knowing when you get a chance to even interview for a job in Vegas, let alone get an offer. But I keep telling myself its the right thing to do.
Well, I've spilled my emotions into this blog, which is one the reasons we decided to go this route instead of the website. We hope that our family can feel a little bit closer to us as we open up ourselves here. Its not the same as being in person, but this is as close to the next best thing as possible. We hope that you leave us a comment at the bottom of each blog that we post. It helps us feel closer to those who do leave us a note. Its keep us writing more blogs and makes us feel more connected.
Thanks for lending your eyes and reading my thoughts as I put them down in this blog. Give someone you love a big kiss tonight and tell them how much you love them. Family is the only thing we have and when it all shakes out they are the only ones that matter.
Love you Fia and Vane, I miss you more then you could ever imagine...
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am praying that you will find a job verrry soon. You are right about family being the only thing that is important. Things don't really matter in the long run. I hope that your job prospects are looking up and I will this on our prayer chain request. Love you all, Mom G. :)
Oh Eddie! This post made me tear up. As I've been telling Vane the last couple of days...this really is for the best interest of your family and your future. I know you will be reunited sooner than later and this will all seem like a distant dream. The bond you guys have will carry you through anything and everything life throws at you.
Until then...keep posting and watch your back on our Fantasy BB team. You won't stay in first place forever. ;)
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job hunt! love you all and miss you too!
Post a Comment