Hope that all you Mom's had a wonderful Mother's Day! While I spent most of my day at work, I made the best of the situation by inviting Vanessa's immediate family to Mother's Day brunch. In all 12 family members came in for brunch and even better they sat in the V.I.P boardroom! They dined on one of my best brunch menus ever, which included roasted golden beet salad with arugala and balsamic syrup, spinch salad with warm bacon dressing made to order, oysters and shrimp on ice, fresh fruit (starfruit, kiwi, mandarian orange, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc...), tons of French mini pastries and freshly baked pies (banana cream, blueberry, cherry, pumpkin), cheese display, omletes made to order, roasted prime rib carved to order, baked honey glazed ham with apricot marmalade, eggs benedict, grilled swordfish with tropical fruit salsa and duck confit with orange gastrique. They all had a wonderful time and left with full bellies! I put together a quick slide show from the buffet that we had at the Country Club. Check it out!
The best part of the day was giving Vanessa her Mothers Day gift from Sofia and Baby X. I brought her gift into the room with all her family around so she could open in front of everyone. She was quite surprised at the BIG gift and was excited to open it. Sofia helped her out of course and needless to say I think Vane was very happy with her gift. She was surprised with a brand 
new set of Callaway Women's Golf Clubs called "Gems". She was so excited that she started taking practice swings right there in the boardroom. We already have a date set for this Sunday to go and hit some golf balls! This is a gift that she will have for a long time and once the kids get older she'll be out on the links quite a bit I'm sure. She also wants to take some lessons in the near future. It was a good day all around for everyone, especially the Mom's who ate well and didn't have to do any clean up!
Not much else going on right now. We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment